Tuesday, June 12, 2012

So after many months of debating on whether I should start up a crafting blog, I finally caved and said 'why the heck not!'.  Crafting has always been a personal addiction of mine. When I'm not auditioning for musicals, I try to tackle as many DIY projects as I can get my hands on. I find DIY's posted by my fellow bloggers and I see if I can do them myself while adding a little twist to it. One of my favorite projects I've done recently is from A Beautiful Mess Blog.I thought I'd attempt this on my own using a messy paint by numbers I found at the Williamsburg flea market last weekend. 
Items needed:
painting or any print
vinyl letter stickers 
acrylic paint and paint brushes

This project is easy as pie! Just choose a desired phrase you wish to use and spell it out using the vinyl letter stickers. Then just paint over the letters using acrylic paint. Once the paint is dry just peel off the the letters.

The blog I used gave me some great advice to follow. By cutting out the letters and placing them on the painting, I was able to space the words properly without any problems! I had a blast doing this painting but I did run into an unexpected problem. The vinyl letters were extremely sticky and they pulled off some of the paint. I found that it helped to take the stickers and place them on the inside of your hands and pull them off a few times. This helped to remove some of the stickiness. Unfortunately, I discovered this helpful trick when I was almost done with the project. I ended up having to paint over the spots where the paint lifted. Although I was frustrated at the time, it ended up being a happy accident. The new paint helped freshen it up and made the colors pop from inside the letters!
Until next time!

xoxo,
Crafty Little Minx



No comments:

Post a Comment