Monday, June 18, 2012

Blueberry Key Lime Mini-Pies



As soon as I saw this recipe on Piewacket blog, I knew I had to make it - and boy I'm glad I did. I took the mini-pies to a dinner party a few weeks ago and they were a total hit!


Recipe:
1 1/2 large containers of blueberries
1/4 cup of sugar
about 2 tablespoon of Key Lime Curd (you can use Lemon Curd)
Pre-made pie dough (2 pie crusts makes 8-10 mini-pies)
brown sugar
Muffin Tins
Cooking spray
large circle cookie cutter

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tray with cooking spray.

2. Mix blueberries, key lime curd and sugar in a large bowl

3. Take pie dough and cut out mini circles using a cookie cutter. Make sure to pick a cookie cutter that is larger than the the muffin tray.

4. Put mini-pie crust in the muffin tin and fill with blueberry mix.

5. Get creative and use the extra crust to make lattice pie tops. I also like to sprinkle a little brown sugar on the top to give it a little extra something.

6. Bake pies for 20-25 minutes. 

7. Let the pies cool for about 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy with some vanilla ice cream (what I would have given for some Bluebell Vanilla Bean Ice Cream!! ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment